March 17, 2015

#Dear Me


March is officially recognized as Women's History Month. For International Women's Day (March 8th), YouTube put forth the challenge to
YouTubers to write a letter to their younger selves giving advice from wisdom they have now they wish they could have had then.

Here's my video: 


"Be the best YOU that you can be!"

I feel like I was a pretty well balanced youth. I didn't have many issues and my parental structure was set up to nurture, toughen, and support a platform of creativity and difference. Thus, I was never bothered much by the taunts from peers about being different. I embraced it then as I embrace it now. I'll no doubt have a lot more advice to give my younger me as I get older but for now I just strive to be the best version of myself that I can. I strive to not allow life's setbacks to discourage me or stifle my upward momentum. I vow to live my passions for as long as I am passionate about them. I vow to love LIFE!

What advice would you give your younger self?

Are there any things you would have done differently given the chance?


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN: http://igg.me/at/PALA

No comments:

Post a Comment