February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Do


I don't wear my hair down very often; I'm usually partial to the updo because I like the aesthetic and because my hair is SOOO long that its sometimes cumbersome and it's just easier to keep it out of the way…

This Valentine's Day though, I decided to let the locs swing! 




This look is composed of 7 small flat twists to the side with a zigzag part separating a cascade of two-strand twists that all merge into a re-twisted/styled wave of locs at the back. It took about 2.5 - 3 hours to complete...mostly because it was something I was figuring out as I went along. I can probably cut off about 30 minutes the next time I try it.

To transition the look for that night I just pulled both sides back into separate braids and used a hair clamp to secure the braids at the back of my head. Transition time was maybe about 5 minutes.


I'll probably keep this look until Friday (I'll change it for my performance at "Bridging the Gap") which means I only have to spend about 2-5 minutes each day on my hair! I love the "wake-up and go" ease.

Here's an example of a next day and day after look. Either throw on a scarf and go or spend 1-2 minutes wrapping a quick bun to the back of my head. 


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah



2 comments:

  1. Aww these pictures make me miss my locs! They look great! I wish I would have learned to do more of my own styles when I had locs.

    -YesSarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) and yea, gotta keep it interesting or you burn yourself out on one look…I'm always on the hunt for new kool styles

      Delete