February 11, 2014

The Quick Fix


Like a good relationship, my hair is a little complicated lol….I have locs in the back and the front of my hair is not locked; I just keep it natural and do different things with it as I see fit for that day. That could be flat twits, baby locs, two strand twists, just let it fro or even straightened from time to time….I like to switch it up. 

These styles can take as much as 2-3 hours sometimes depending on what I'm doing to it. TWO - THREE HOURS!!! Of course most of us don't have the luxury of a 2 hr time commitment to hair or even if we do, we'd rather spend it doing something else. So I also have what I call my "quick fixes". They are reserved for when I have to be somewhere in two hours and can't spend a whole hour fighting the fuzz atop my head. 




While a fro/bun or hat combo is probably the quickest answer, I'm not always in the mood for that so flat twists are my go to style. The particular type in the pictures is a larger, less time-consuming version of what I usually wear. There are only 6 total and takes about 15-30 min. I can wear the back in a high or low unkempt bun (as pictured) or leave it down with the twists pulled back and braided into a few dredlocks or a variety of other options. The bun pictured just takes about 30 seconds - taking the whole bundle of hair and wrapping it around itself until it stays up there. 




Of course I wrap it up to let it "set" for however long I have left to get ready. I usually keep styles up for a week or until I get bored with it or have some special event to attend that requires a redo.




What are your "quick fix" styles? 


- "Mo hair"


Rahkua Ishakarah

2 comments:

  1. I so need to practice my flat twisting skills. I mean I can do it but not as tight and perfect as I would like for them to be. I'm a lazy natural so spending hours on my hair is not ideal at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yea i understand that…i can be lazy when it comes to my hair too but that's why i don't mind spending 2 hours on a hairdo because I know i can keep it up like up to two weeks without having to do anything else at all if i wrap it up at night. I usually only do my hair like once a week or less.

      Delete