July 1, 2014

Style Alert: The Bun

Probably my most frequented hairstyle is the bun. It is a quick, simple, and cute style and perfect for those hot summer days when the last thing I want is 36 inches of hair heating my back and neck! I pair the bun with a variety of styles on the front, unlocked part of my hair from one and two strand twists to flat twists and braids. 



I have tried many different ways of styling the actual bun also. Shown here is just taking the whole head of hair and twisting it into one large strand then rolling it around itself on the top of the head, tucking to secure. No pins or bands were necessary. The front is one strand twisted.


before                                                  afterHere I have wrapped several groups of strands in different directions to create a patterned bun look.                                       I often take the strands and twist them around each other instead of letting them stay flat (like above) to create a more multidimensional bun.



- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah


No comments:

Post a Comment