July 22, 2014

Brows Fouls!


I often ask my readers what they want to hear about on my blog. I do it to get some fresh ideas and of course to include you all and cater to what you'd actually like to read about! Last week I did a post called, "My Top Picks: LockStyles for Men" as per suggestion from one of my male readers. I wanted to continue in that same vein this week by addressing a readers suggestion to write about eyebrows.

When I originally got the request to write about brows I was a little surprised at myself for not having considered those little bushy friends we keep at the top of our peepers! They are so small and seemingly insignificant but make a HUGE difference in our overall appearance and even sometimes in the overall perception of who we are as individuals. 

with no makeup



with makeup but not on brows

I've always been complimented on my brows. Even before I began to shape them, I had a natural arch that many attempt to achieve when creating "the perfect brow". Thanks GOD and MOM! Hahaha…. anyway, I usually rock a more natural, 'let it be', brow but I do appreciate the skill and aesthetic of a perfectly manicured and made up brow:




At the same time we've all seen those terrible mishaps from folks attempting to recreate their natural brows. Here is a list of 12 of the worst Brow Fouls I've come across!

12. Sideways Apostrophe Brow



Ok, we'll start this off strong…..or in her case weak…thin…disappearing…dew drop on the end of a waning twig.
11. Thin Wave Brow


Ok…this is just scary….her eyelashes are bomb though lol

10. Rainbrow


Somewhere over the rainbow….somewhere over the rainbrow….somewhere over the real brow…..somewhere, well ok you get it

9. Double-Wide Brow


These wouldn't be so terrible if she had made em normal sized but they're double, maybe even triple the appropriate width. Somebody pass an eraser….

8. Straight and Narrow Brow


So she has the opposite problem from #9…and I find much irony in calling this the straight and narrow brow…she definitely doesn't look like she's on the straight and narrow…

7. The Sperm Brow



I…just…can't…

6. The Brush-Up Brow


There's something a bit endearing about these…wait; I take that back; Let's not encourage this type of behavior.

5. The Hollister Brow


I think this is made more dramatic/funny by the ad juxtaposition but if she just cleans up the highlight a bit and removes some of that center, she'll be doing just fine.

4. Spacebar Brow


It's like someone put a spacebar between her eyes and just wouldn't stop clicking!

3. Scribble Brow


I think she went to sleep and her kindergartner decided to scribble on her face…maybe someone should tell her…

2. Division Sign Brow


Ah, this takes me back to the good ol' days…long division and makeup….wait….

1. Nike Brow

Please…Just. Don't. Do It!




So as you can see, how you treat those little hairs on your face are SO important to your overall look. Sometimes just letting them be is the best way to go! Love your natural brow! ;)
How often do you shape, shave, wax, or tweeze your brows?
Do you draw on your brows or fill them in with a brow pencil/shadow when you're doing a makeup look?
How do you feel about "brow tattoos"?


- "Mo hair"

Rahkua Ishakarah


No comments:

Post a Comment