November 4, 2014

Halloween Hairdo Fun!


Who doesn't like to dress up for Halloween!!? Well, a lot of folks actually…but we're not talking about them right now, haha. 

I usually participate in the Halloween costume tradition. I think my favorite to date was senior year of college when I was a Harajuku girl: 





This year, I again had a really great time playing dress-up. During the day I was a "nerd". Side note: I had an interesting time trying to explain to a group of Kindergarten - 2nd graders what that is. It's sooo far out to me that they didn't know and had a really hard time wrapping their mind around my explanation even when accompanied by google images I found for them! On the one hand, I think, well maybe that's great that they haven't been exposed to that stereotype/archetypal character so maybe there's hope for future generations after all. But on the other hand I think…these poor deprived kids! Haha… anyway my hair was done in faux ponytails of sorts. I say faux because they were cheat ponytails. I wanted my hair curly for my night-do, so I barrel rolled my locks in 4 sections. To pull off the nerd look without having to get rid of my prep-do, I parted the four in two and looped them into bands creating two barrel-rolled, loc petal pigtails… Sorry if that explanation isn't descriptive enough because there are no pictures!

BUT, I did take a couple pics that night of my "barrel rollout" paired with two-strand twists in the front that I opted for in my kittykat costume :)











I just love when I get the opportunity to wear all my hair down. And it's getting colder so I'll probably start letting them hang a lot more often.


What were YOU for Halloween?

Did you do anything special to your hair for your costume?

How do you get rid of all the spray dyes, glitter, and accessories that sometime come with Halloween looks?


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

No comments:

Post a Comment