February 24, 2015

Zendaya Smells Like Patchouli Oil and Weed!?


Zendaya Coleman (American actress/singer/dancer) made a bold statement this weekend not only with her beautiful red carpet look at the 2015 Oscars, but
also with her justified retort to some disrespectful and offensive comments from E! personality, Giuliana Rancic.



Rancic reviewed the stunning look saying she looked as if "she smells like patchouli oil….or weed" rousing laughs from the audience and a cosign from Kathy Griffin. Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing particularly bad with weed or patchouli oil (just discovered what that was after this story came out lol) but rather something wrong with the negative connotations that Rancic attached to the association with such things.

Zendaya happened to be rocking faux locks. I've been wanting to discuss faux locks for a while now especially after being asked my opinion on them. I actually do have a blog post on my perspective that I will maybe release next week in light of this story. But I just wanted to weigh in and attest to the ignorance being perpetrated as comedy and constructive criticism in this Fashion Police nonsense. 

Here is Zendaya's Oscars 2015 look:






Once again, I think she looks absolutely stunning and I applaud her for the "unconventional" style choice at the Oscars. It goes to show how far the naturals movement has spread. 

Of course Zendaya loves to switch up her look and has rocked many different styles. Here are a few of my favorites:
Braided Cornrows

Untamed Fro

Silky Straight

Classic High Bun

Braided Bun

 Curly Tresses

Pixie Cut

Wavy Bob

I think she looks beautiful in all of these, and I'm glad she decided to add a dreadlocks look to the queue. 

Here's what Zendaya had to say about Rancic's comment:


I agree…"there is a fine line between what is funny and disrespectful" and Rancic crossed that line. 

What do you think?

Is Zendaya justified in her passioned response?

Did Rancic cross the line or is she entitled to her opinion?

Yes or No to Zendaya's look?

Leave your comment below!




- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN: http://igg.me/at/PALA

No comments:

Post a Comment