June 28, 2016

BET Experience with NappyWood


This past weekend marked the fourth year of the BET Experience Weekend that Black Entertainment Television added to their awards recognitions in 2013. It is a really cool event that allows the BET fans and celebs to get more involved in the process and enjoy the days leading up to the awards. There are concerts, celebrity "genius talks", a SneakerCon, giveaways, fashion show, and even a celebrity basketball game and slam dunk contest! There is SO much going on and this year I got to be a part of the fun pairing up with NappyWood and a Snapchat takeover!
It was a really great day meeting all kinds of beautiful, naturalistas and I even ended up doing an interview with BET for one of the BETx feedback segments they were working on! We modeled the Nappywood t-shirts as well as these beautiful pencil skirts by Oz + Otz. It was definitely a long day, but all in all I enjoyed it, and it got me even more excited for the upcoming Nappywood Expo August 2016 ;)




As for my hair, I am rocking a 2 week old "loc knot out" on my locs and the front is two strand twisted on one side and flat twisted on the other side. I put the two strand twists in bantu knots at night to achieve the curly look!


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:


No comments:

Post a Comment