June 22, 2016

STYLE ALERT: Braided Fauxhawk Swoop


It took some thought and creativity to come up with a name for this style, haha, but I think "braided fauxhawk swoop" is a good descriptor.

I created the style while looking for a cool but quick performance-do...it's actually a variation on another style I do that more closely resembles a fauxhawk...it just goes down the middle rather than swooping over on the side. The concept and execution is basically the same in the beginning steps though.

I wish I had some closeups of the actual style, but I THINK you can see what's going on up there! so the sides are flat twisted upwards on both sides and then I turned my head upside down so that I could braid the locks from the back of my head to the front of my head down the middle. I braided it all the way to the end and just took the large middle braid and swooped it to my left side using bobby pins to secure it into itself somewhere toward the middle.

Here's me rocking the look at my sister's big birthday bash (wearing an original design by me I might add!):



- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:



No comments:

Post a Comment