October 12, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME: The Reveal!

So...I must admit, I've been a LITTLE dishonest. OK, maybe a little more than a little, lol. But I did it for ME and have no regrets! I CUT MY HAIR!!!!!!


August 6, 2016 around 12:30pm, I began a new journey with my head of hair. I hadn't said anything yet because I wanted to be able to live with the decision for a while and get used to my new look before I shared it with the world. A couple people guessed it because I still posted on my social media and such, but for the most part, I've gotten the opportunity to hold the "secret" all for myself. :)

BUT, for my birthday, I was finally ready to show the world! I'll do a "Before & After" post a little later but last week, for my birthday, I got my hair straightened and trimmed for the first time since the Big Natural Chop by Nyree of @reecreations on IG:



I am LOVING my bob and excited to find more ways to style my hair now that I'm like, bald! lol.

I'm so glad to FINALLY reveal the surprise and my birthday weekend was absolutely perfect! Libra season is in full effect! AND I did a photoshoot with AJ Johnson of SIN Magazine to capture my new look. Check out a couple of my (pre-edit) favorites below: MUAH!








How do you like it?
I want to hear YOUR big chop stories. Drop a comment below.
Do you ever miss your hair?



- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

No comments:

Post a Comment