October 4, 2016

Big Natural Chop...I Did It 😱

Excitement. Decisiveness. Anticipation. Anxiety. Ecstasy. Anxiousness...these are all the feelings that rushed through me as I awoke the morning of my cut. I had decided on this moment so long ago, and was FINALLY going to go through with it.

I set up my camera, washed the morning goo out of my eyes and started recording. After I did my intro message and all of that, of course it was time to wash/condition it.....and then THE CUT!

I cut the strands one by one, leaving a bit of it behind so I could try to comb the rest out. Unfortunately I awoke later than I had planned to so I didn't have enough time to really take my time with it like I should've. But, once I finished cutting it all and combing out as much as time would allow, I cowashed it again, shimmied some raw shea butter through it, and wrapped my Adinkra symbol covered scarf from Ghana around my wash and go fro so I could head out to my "After" interview with Mark.

I love it...I LOVE IT!!!!! After over two decades of growing beautiful, long, healthy, dope locs, I am starting a new leg of my hair journey without them. Hopefully you guys will stick with me in the journey as I discover new and exciting ways to style my hair!


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

No comments:

Post a Comment