January 17, 2017

STYLE ALERT: Braided Halo

I wrote this post a couple months ago and realized that I forgot to post it! Although I don't have my locs anymore, I thought I'd still share the style with you all in case you wanted to recreate it for yourself!

I like to keep myself busy with kool little side jobs, and among those is Magician Assistant. I assist the wonderful Mayseo the Magician in his magic act and we had a show for a festival in Long Beach. Here is my hair do:
So I chose a tamed updo not only because it looks great, lol, but also so that all my long inches wouldn't get in the way of making sure we pull off each spectacle flawlessly. And I absolutely love really simple hairdos that look like they are the most intricate thing in the world. It was quick, easy, and wearable for at least two weeks without having to redo my hair...the perfect combination.

So I started with a side part because, I love those. I braided downwards about 4 braids on one side and about 7 on the other side with my loose natural hair. Then I braided those group of braids to the side in a sort of braid bang. The pictures hopefully explain what I mean.
Then I got the locs and braided one side across the center of my head and down the side. I plaited the rest of the locs into about 3 free standing braids (not attached to scalp). Then I took all the pieces and wrapped them in a sort of halo using mostly tucking to hold it in place....maybe one bobby pin.
Then I got my hair toothbrush and made my edges neat :) Here's a back view:

And that was my really simple, but intricate style!


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

No comments:

Post a Comment