January 24, 2017

STYLE ALERT: Twisted Back Double Puff

The back of my hair often frustrates me because of how short it is. And I know, I know, you're tired of hearing that. BUT, it's SO short lol. I now feel like I have conquered it though! I have found a trick to disguise the fact that it's so short and to make it actually make a high ponytail or puff. I'm so excited.


So I achieve my high double puffs by twisting the back into 4 horizontal rows that converged into each other. Then I vertically twist the horizontal twists upward into a puff that secure with a hairband. This is what the back looks like so you can get a visual image of what I mean:

Not only does it look kool, adding an extra little kick to a fairly simple hairstyle, but it also helps me to disguise the fact that my hair wouldn't be long enough to go up into those high puffs otherwise because of how short it is! I love this new discovery!




I actually first tested the little trick for my birthday weekend. I wanted a highbun for the Magic Castle excursion I was going on and I was determined to make it work. This is what I came up with: 

Since that was such a success, I decided to try it out on a double track and was even happier with the results. As my puffs got a little older, I decided to protect the ends from drying out while still keeping the twists up. It resulted in this cool Minnie Mouse look:

What little tricks do you use to make your short hair more manageable for styling?

- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment