January 31, 2017

Flexi-rod Fun!

I was browsing ebay for hair stuff and came across these flexible foam rods that I've been hearing people talk about. They were only like 78 cents for 10 of them so I decided to try them out.

After getting my hair straightened for the first time, I quickly realized that it would NOT last very long (a good 3 days). I decided to try the rods out on the last poofy days of my press. This is how it looked starting out:


Lol...kind of like a 1950s housewife right?

So after watching like 4 or 5 tutorials on how to correctly install the rods, I went ahead and put them in. *sings* "You know this hair is mine; I rolled the rod; I gave it time". 



Since the set only came with ten I had to use kind of big sections of hair in each. I think it would probably work out a little better with smaller sections. I put on my newly acquired bonnet to protect it through the night :)

Taking it down my hair was looking pretty crazy...


 But I finger picked the curls out and found a good side part that I brushed down for styling. Here's the look from all 4 sides:

I've tried it a couple more times afterwards (using just washed/wet hair instead of semi-damp unwashed hair) and I love the results more and more each time:






I still don't think that I have perfected the method, and I definitely need to buy about 3 or 4 more packs, but I think it's a good start.

Drop a pic of your favorite natural hair flexi-rod set!

What are some other methods you use to give your fro definition?

- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment