December 18, 2018

My Hair is Growing!

My hair is growing! Ok, so yes, it is still a teeny weeny afro, BUT, it is now long enough to add my hair back into it. 
If you've been following the blog, you know that after I cut off my locks a couple years ago, I saved them. After doing a deep clean and conditioning, I did my natural hair extensions using my own hair. <CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE > I've been dealing with some discontent over this stage of my hair journey, so have been eagerly awaiting the moment I had enough growth to finally reattach. The moment has arrived!
Casual Monday                                        Vacay in Vegas
Performance in Bakersfield, CA

I love the versatility this affords me. Going from super short to super long in a matter of hours is a pretty powerful feeling. I love it! I even chose to don the look for a dope fashion show, and it is bomb. 

Have you ever used your own hair as extensions?

    Do you prefer long or short?

- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

SUBSCRIBE to my mailing list at iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment