September 2, 2014

Trying Something New #AHOMHairFAIL


Whether you wear it natural, relaxed, straight, curly, wrapped, locked etc., we women (and I'm sure the men too) know that sometimes when you try new things with your hair….it just DOESN'T work! We've all had those "bad hair days" when our hair just doesn't seem to want to obey the physical instructions we give.

Well, I know I show a lot of what DOES work for me, so this week I wanted to show a little peak of something I tried out that just failed miserably. Haha. So here goes…



I started out simple enough…the plan was to mini bun/bantu knot the front loose part of my hair and then take it down for some kind of curly fro I guess? I'm not really sure actually what I was hoping to achieve but I was just testing some things out.

Here, I have started knotting the front after a wash. The locks have been plaited up into about 10-15 plaits. 


When I was all finished, it actually looked kind of cool…but I wasn't going to wear it out like that since I didn't really know what to do with the back and I felt it was too clashing to wear together…maybe not though.

                         

The next day when I took it down, this was the result…. I put the braided locks up into a bun and took down the bantu knots. I did NOT like the result…it's just kind of funny looking: 

I wanted to "fix" it somehow, so I thought, well maybe I can loosen the pieces so it's not so tightly wound. It produced an interesting curl pattern and healthy looking strands, but the overall look was still just, bad. HA!






So after fussing over it a little while longer, I put it up into this faux hawk/mini pompadour bang arrangement. I still wasn't totally satisfied and it was something I could've skipped the bantu knot step to do (cutting like 45min-1hr out of the process). I guess it looks alright though...


A week later, I decided to try it again…



But THIS time I twisted the loose hair into one-strand twist/baby dreads FIRST, then I put the twists into bantu knots and let them dry overnight.











When I took them down (and put the still braided locs back up into a bun), they produced these cute little curly cue baby locs. It was kind of cute, but probably something I won't be trying again in that way. 


I want to see some of your Trial and Error hairdo's! Tag me on IG: @rahkua_lovelosslies with the hashtag: #AHOMHairFAIL

How did you "make it work" when a style you tried failed?






- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

No comments:

Post a Comment