March 7, 2017

It's Growing!

So last month I officially reached the 6 month mark (http://aheadofmyhair.blogspot.com/2017/02/checking-in-6-months.html) of my Big Natural Chop and it's so awesome how much my hair has grown and continues to grow. Don't get me wrong, I still feel like it's super short, which I'm still getting used to, but I can honestly FEEL and see my progress. Last night, I put two cornrows in my hair and could instantly feel the difference since the last time I did it. Granted, my hair is a big more stretched than maybe normal because I'm coming off of a braid out, but it was so much easier to work with  mostly because of length.  And I am terrible at braiding but they actually came out decent!




Just a few months ago I had to pull and tuck and struggle with the braids once I got about halfway down, close to my ears, because the hair was just SO short back there that it REFUSED to obey. This time though, all the hair went in with ease and I didn't even have to use any bobby pins like usually! That was the very best part haha, you know how much I hate those things.



Well, anyway, that's it for today. I really just wanted to share my excitement with my growing strands. Hopefully it keeps it up so my braids can actually touch my shoulder without having to stretch it lol.

Tell me about YOUR hair growth story! When did you first realize it was growing?


- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

SUBSCRIBE to my mailing list at iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment