March 1, 2017

My First Wig!

So I was scrolling Facebook about 2 weeks after my big natural chop and one those little side ads caught my eye. Now usually I don't pay them any mind at all but I guess they caught me on a good day because I decided to click and find out more. haha...that click turned into a purchase...congrats to them and Facebook ad marketing.

Anyway...what I ended up buying was my first wig!!! Omg. lol. So, it's the cutest little curly fro and it was SO funny to wear it. I went to see the amazing Beyonce in concert and wanted to try something different.


Although I thought it looked pretty dope it made me a little uncomfortable. It was like, I was wearing somebody else's hair on my hair lol...even though it's a synthetic one. But I guess I could just look at it as if I'm wearing a hat or something...a hair hat. 

Side note, I did my nails in honor of Bey for the occasion :) Bzzzzzzzz!



Here's a close-up look (pre-makeup and outfit):
It really doesn't look all that different from my regular hair...it's just more filled out I guess...especially in the back where my hair is still super short. 





It was really fun to rock the wig and take on that persona for the night, but I've only worn the hair again like 2 times since that night and its been like 4 months or so now. I guess I just can't get used to that strange feeling of hair on my hair lol. 

I was fly though, ain't gonna lie :)




How often do you wear wigs?
Do you use them for protective styling or just for the styles or both?
What was your first wig experience?

- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment