March 14, 2017

Updated Two-Strand Twists

If you follow my vlog (youtube.com/rahkuaaheadofmyhair), you've seen my 3 part two-strand twists video with updated length and styling. I love that I can actually see my hair growth and thank you guys for coming on the journey as I document it!
When I did the twists, I used a little different method than normal. Instead of putting the twists into bantu knots like usual, I used the banding method to stretch the twists so I would have stretched hanging twists this time around instead of the curls that the bantu knots would make.

I loved the outcome because it allowed me to rock a controlled "straight-esk" style without any heat and with very little need to re-do my hair for at least 2 weeks. And I think the bob look suits me.


 If I were to do things differently, I would change the configuration of my banded bunches so as to avoid the part down the middle/back of my head after taking it down. I was able to disguise the part by putting the twists into a ponytail for a couple days to re-direction the hair.

After that time it basically hung the way I needed it to.

How often do you do your hair in two-strand twists?

Do you ever wear them as a style or only to achieve a twist out?

Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

SUBSCRIBE to my mailing list at iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment