November 1, 2016

The People's Response 💇

So it has officially been a month since I publicly announced the news of my natural big chop and the "crowd went wild" so to speak. Haha. I wanted to share those responses with yall:

Many people commented on social media, texted me, called, me and face-timed me to make sure it was real, lol. I had, by far, the largest response from Facebook. Shout out to all my Facebook friends for always showing much love! Not only was I showered with lots of awesome bday wishes and picture likes, I was also loaded with comments on my new look:






For the most part, I got rave reviews and positive feedback. Only a couple people expressed sadness for me having cut it, but WAY less than I expected! Everyone was so supportive....and mostly super surprised.

The best thing though, is still getting "you look so different all the time with your hair!" comments....even from people who didn't know me before the cut. That was one of the things I worried about...not being able to still switch it up and keep my hairstyles interesting now that I have short hair. But, I have proved to myself that I can still "do it up" (pun intended)!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your continued support and encouragement! See you next week :)

What were some of the best comments you got when you did the big chop?
What were some of the craziest comments you got when you did the big chop?
How much did you feed into other people's opinion about your cut!?

- "Mo hair"

 
Rahkua Ishakarah

Instagram: @aHeadOfMyHair

DONATE TO MY PROJECT AFRICA CAMPAIGN:

iHEARTrahkua@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment